Strategy Consultant | Product Management Team
At Monstarlab, We shape technology that inspires users and grows businesses. Our technology starts with people because if they’re inspired, you succeed. We deliver expert engineering and stunning design to unleash growth for your business, customers and society. Across 25 global offices, over 1200 experts work at pace to make sure our clients' investment makes a meaningful impact. We rely on stunning design and cutting-edge technology, we never compromise on the methodologies that ensure delivery of successful, robust, reliable digital solutions and business transformations.
We are now hiring for a specialist in Product Management within our Strategy practise, based in London. As a mid-weight member of the team, you are self-sufficient in managing the lifecycle of products and working clients to help them achieve highly.
Your job would be to help our clients create better commercial outcomes through their digital solutions. You will do this by determining what the right thing to build is and seeing that vision through to delivery.
Your core client responsibilities will be:
Define clear product strategies: Understand why the product should exist through a value-based approach and align the entire team on this. Iterate when necessary.
Create and manage healthy roadmaps: Lead a cross-discipline discovery process to build a roadmap based on solving problems. Validate solutions with evidence.
You’ll do this by:
- Gathering intelligence from the business, user and technology to inform an understanding of today and aspirations for the future
- Framing problems to understand what the team is trying to achieve (and what they're not)
- Building and successfully communicating a healthy roadmap of what to achieve and when
- Drive the generation of ideas for potential solutions with a cross-functional expert team of strategists, designers and solution architects
- Coordinate and support tests to validate ideas against commercial, design and technology criteria for assessing their suitability
- Anticipating changes in user needs; adapting the product and creating potential product retirement and transitioning plans.
- Manage the full product lifecycle to ensure that, over time, the needs of the product’s users continue to be met and that financial and other KPIs are achieved for the product.
As well as delivering product management on behalf of our clients, you'll naturally get involved in helping our clients understand how to do product management successfully.
Product management requires a foundational and unique mindset. You are:
Trusting: you let others get on with work in their area of expertise and step in only when needed.
Articulate: you are able to manage diverse stakeholders, lead a constructive debate, and see both sides of an argument.
Visionary: you act as the leader of an idea and can rally people. You’re focused on the long-term and the big picture.
Structured: you maintain a critical view on processes and are ready to define new ways of working and refine existing ones.
Curious: you solve problems using evidence, so you get to the right answer quickly. You question the status quo but leave your ego at the door.
Driven: you’re a self-starter who drives their own workload and takes the initiative to challenge themselves and others.
What we can offer you
At Monstarlab, we care a great deal about a good work-life balance and a flat, accessible organisational structure. We define ourselves as employers in the sense of trust shared amongst co-workers and in constantly and unanimously providing the opportunity for autonomy in individual approaches to work and stakeholder management.
You will work with some of the world’s most talented designers, developers and consultants to shape your skillset and become a positive driving force for change in the industry. We believe strongly in coaching, development and investing in your future.
- An interesting work environment with talented colleagues
- A full-time position with numerous possibilities for growing internally
- Office in the centre of London
- Regular team nights out
- Newest Macbook or ThinkPad, Bose headphones, displays, and other hardware
- Fully paid sick days and 4 weeks holiday (in addition to public holidays)
- Company social breakfasts as well as snacks, fruit and a fully loaded beer fridge
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Proven track record of going above and beyond expectations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to build great relationships and actively participate in team culture
- An interest is design thinking and empathy with users
- Analytically minded and curious about technology
- Commercial and able to debate the competing value of different ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, other languages are a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a product manager or product management consultant